We created this website to encourage all our Alston Ridge Gators to read more often and become better readers. Search our catalog or check out the Book Lists tab to find your next great read. Find trustworthy resources for research or online fun, too.
Remember we are also huge fans of non-fiction! You may use the Dewey Decimal System below to help you find what you need in our non-fiction areas.
000 - General
100 - Psychology
200 - Religion
300 - Social Sciences
400 - Language
500 - Science
600 - Technology
700 - Arts
800 - Literature
900 - History
An Author is Coming to Visit!!
On Friday, June 9th Children's Book Author Terri Sabol will be visiting our school! She is the author of Oscar and Emmy Get Rescued. She will be speaking to some of our K-2 grade classes. You can find more information about her and her book on her website.
We have a new subscription to an amazing service called Pebble GO! You can learn about Animals, Science, Social Studies, and Famous People!
Click HERE to check it out!
Kindergarten & 1st Grade: 1 books
2nd Grade: 2 books
3rd Grade: 3 books
4th Grade: 4 books
5th Grade: 5 books
Ms. Lindsay Stetson, Media Specialist
Ms. Lisa Smith, Media Assistant
Keep up to date with what is happening in the Media Center!
What we are learning this quarter:
- K - We are having fun exploring library centers!
- 1st - We are learning to use the eWISE process to learn about a topic of choice
- 2nd - We are using the mapping skills we learned in Social Studies to create maps to go with picture books.
- 3rd - We are creating a Buncee project based on research we did in Science and Technology about an extreme plant.
- 4th - We are finishing up a collaborative project about different aspects of our state, North Carolina.
- 5th - We are finishing up our Genius Hour Projects! You can find our finished projects on the Student Work page once we're done.
Look How Many Books Each Class Has Checked Out So Far This Year!