We created this website to encourage all our Alston Ridge Gators to read more often and become better readers. Search our catalog or check out the Book Lists tab to find your next great read. Find trustworthy resources for research or online fun, too.
Remember we are also huge fans of non-fiction! You may use the Dewey Decimal System below to help you find what you need in our non-fiction areas.
000 - General
100 - Psychology
200 - Religion
300 - Social Sciences
400 - Language
500 - Science
600 - Technology
700 - Arts
800 - Literature
900 - History
We need volunteers!
We are looking for parent volunteers to help in the library! If you are interested in helping us on a regular basis please email Mrs. Santiago at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mrs. Perry at email@example.com
Kindergarten & 1st Grade: 1 books
2nd Grade: 2 books
3rd Grade: 3 books
4th Grade: 4 books
5th Grade: 5 books
Ms. Lindsay Santiago, Media Specialist
Ms. Lisa Perry, Media Assistant
Literacy Night is in just a few days!
When: October 16th from 6:15-7:45
Where: Alston Ridge
Who: All Tracks!!
Red Ribbon Weeks are Coming!
Wednesday, October 17 - Tracks 1, 2, 3
Rally in RED against drugs & bullying!
Students will wear red to kick-off Red Ribbon Week.
Thursday, October 18 - Tracks 1, 2, 3
Peace out to drugs & bullying!
Wear peace signs and/or tie dye.
Friday, October 19 - Tracks 1, 2, 3
Our school unites against drugs and bullying!
Monday, October 22 - Tracks 1, 2, 4
Follow your dreams!
Tuesday, October 23 - Tracks 1, 2, 4
Be a superhero and be drug-free!
Dress up like a superhero.
Friday, October 24 - Tracks 1, 2, 4
ORANGEn’t you glad to be a buddy, not a bully?
Wear orange for national UNITY day. United for kindness, acceptance and inclusion.
We have a subscription to an amazing service called Pebble GO! You can learn about Animals, Science, Social Studies, and Famous People!
Click HERE to check it out!
Keep up to date with what is happening in the Media Center!
What we are learning this quarter:
- K - We are learning all about the Media Center and checking out our very first books!
- 1st - We are exploring all the features that make Nonfiction books special
- 2nd - We are becoming experts in using our library catalog search tool (Destiny Quest)
- 3rd - We are starting a project in collaboration with Technology where students will research a country their family or ancestors are from and create an interactive poster using Google Draw
- 4th - We are reading The Wild Robot and doing STEAM activities in collaboration with Technology
- 5th - We are starting our very own Choose Your Own Adventure stories!
Check out our stats from 2017-2018! New 2018-2019 data coming soon!
Look How Many Books Each Class Checked out Last Year!